Sunday, April 19, 2009

Expired Time



Given a title upon my arrival
Yet he didn't fulfill the requirements
So he caste his absentee ballot
For all the times that truly mattered
Like Graduations, proms, and even the arrival of his grandson
Metal gray bars and a life sentence separates us
Angry bitter tears and broken promises
one lie after another could have turned into fairy tale
Time will heal all wounds but it will never have enough
Quarters too feed the meter of his time absent in my life.

©Tiffany Collins

1 comment:

  1. You found my blog! Thanks for following...I'm following yours now.
    I love this poem,I can identify with it so much. So many times an absentee ballot was casted in my honor...and its quite sad when you think about it. The worse was the arrival of his grandson, he really missed out.
    Thanks so much for sharing this.
    P.S IMA NEED YOU TO NOT DO THAT!
    ~MIKA

    ReplyDelete